Our Commitment to Your Privacy
The Personal Information We Collect
Personal information collected through the website includes:
- Contact information such as name, mailing address, email address and telephone number;
- Information provided as required for participation in contests or promotions;
- Information provided as part of a survey or questionnaire; and
- Such other information you provide to us for example by using the web based form submissions, file uploads (including resumes) or one of the email links.
Use and Purpose of Personal Information Submitted to Us
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Administering promotions and contests;
- Providing responses to requests, inquiries or comments about Janes and/or its products;
- Creating and maintaining a database of individuals who have requested to receive information from Janes from time to time which information shall include without limitation information about its products, promotions, contests, coupons and overall business and operations;
- Ensuring the security of our operations including our web site;
- Understanding consumer needs, interests and preferences plus creating commercial and consumer relations to enable us to manage and develop consumer communication for our products;
- Any other purpose as permitted or required by law.
In addition, such personal information may be disclosed to our parent corporation and its affiliated and subsidiary corporations for such purposes.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We use reasonable industry standard technology to keep information that you submit to us secure. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot warrant the security of any information transmitted to us and you do so at your own risk.
We value your privacy, however, at all times we reserve the right to disclose information where required or permitted by law; to comply with valid legal processes such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; to protect Janes‘ rights and property; or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
Use of Third Party Opt-in Lists
With respect to Janes’ use of third party opt-in lists, Janes may enter into co-branding arrangements with other companies, and if so, an opt-in question may be present for contact from these organizations as well. The opt-in features are specific to each organization, but you should never receive e-mail from these organizations unless you have indicated that it is acceptable. All e-mails from Janes, or from co-brand partners who gain your permission to send you commercial e-mail, will include an opportunity to opt-out of future communications.