Caesar Salad with Crispy Haddock “Croutons”
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This Caesar dinner salad is topped with yummy crispy fish “croutons”, featuring Janes ultimates Battered Haddock, for a delicious variation of a classic salad.
- 3 fillets JANES® ultimates Battered Haddock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared Caesar dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) bacon bits
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Prepare fish according to package directions. Cut into pieces. Toss gently with Parmesan and garlic powder.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange fish on foil-lined baking sheet; broil, watching closely, for about 1 minute or until crispy and golden.
- Toss together lettuce, dressing and bacon bits; divide between 2 plates. Top with crispy haddock “croutons.” Serve with lemon wedges (if using).
- If you're short on time, you don’t have to broil the fish - omit this step.
- For heartier appetites, boost the fish to 4 fillets. Substitute kale for romaine lettuce if desired or add chickpeas for a protein and fibre boost.
- Tip: Serve in large warm tortillas for a Caesar haddock wrap.