Chicken, Peas and Bow-Tie Pasta Alfredo
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
This creamy chicken pasta featuring Janes Pub Style Chicken Strips makes a quick and easy comforting meal any night of the week.
- 8 strips JANES® Pub Style Chicken Strips
- 12 oz (375 g) bow-tie pasta
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- Prepare chicken according to package directions. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the cooking liquid.
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle flour over top; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk; bring to boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Stir in salt and nutmeg. Reduce heat to low; stir in peas and Parmesan.
- Toss sauce with pasta and chicken until well coated (f needed, add enough of the reserved cooking liquid for desired consistency).
- Garnish with basil or parsley and sprinkle of pepper.
- Tip: Add 4 slices of crispy cooked bacon to this dish if desired