Sesame Stir-Fry with Broccoli and Battered Haddock
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
This tasty stir-fry with Janes ultimates Battered Haddock makes a healthy weeknight supper that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 pkg (575 g) JANES® Ultimates Battered Haddock
- 1 cup (250 mL) white rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) canola oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- Pinch salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Prepare fish according to package directions. Cut into pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Whisk together sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, 1/4 cup (60 mL) water, sesame oil, ginger and garlic; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in wok or large skillet set over medium-high heat. Toss broccoli with salt; stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in sauce; bring to boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp and sauce is thickened.
- Stir in chopped fish. Cook, tossing, for 30 to 60 seconds or until well combined. Serve stir-fry over bed of rice. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Alternatively, serve the stir-fry over rice or wheat noodles.
- Substitute green beans or bok choy for broccoli, adjusting the cooking time as needed.