Southern Hot Honey Chicken
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
This Southern-inspired meal is loaded with sweet and spicy flavours for a chicken dinner that is sure to be a winner.
- 8 fillets JANES® ultimates Breaded Chicken Fillets
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sriracha hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
- Prepare chicken according to package directions.
- Hot Honey Chicken Sauce: In small saucepan set over medium heat, heat butter, honey, brown sugar, sriracha, garlic, chili powder and cayenne; bring to simmer. Cook for about 1 minute or until brown sugar melts; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain well. Add butter, milk, salt and pepper; mash until smooth.
- Toss chicken with hot honey sauce; serve with mashed potatoes, corn and pickles.
- Tip #1: Hot honey sauce too spicy? Reduce cayenne pepper to 1/4 tsp (1 mL), and substitute 2 tbsp (30 mL) ranch sauce for the butter to balance the heat.
- Tip #2: For Ranch Mashed Potatoes, reduce milk to 1/4 cup (60 mL) and stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) ranch sauce.